Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Independent Novel Menu 2: Vocabulary, Literary Terms
point of view
• 1. Literary Term Log (quote the page number for each word used). Choose the literary terms that are unfamiliar to you. Record the dictionary/text definition for each word. Find an example of this literary term.
• 2. Create a crossword with 10 words across and 10 down. Provide a definition or an example for each literary term and the answer key.
• 3. Complete Frayer Models for terms that you do not know. Find an example of each term used in your novel or write a sentence where the meaning of the term is clear based on the context clues that you use.
• 4. Complete Vocabulary Frames for terms that you do not know. Find an example of each term used in your novel or write a sentence where the meaning of the term is clear based on the context clues that you use. http://www.teachervision.fen.com/tv/resources/PDF/GOOD_TV_3_6_pdf_s/62177_InRCd_77.pdf
• 5. Show us two examples of this term from the novel. Write down the example and in 10 words or less, tell us why this is an example of the definition.
• 6. Create your own assignment using the literary terms that you do not understand in a creative way that shows you understand the meaning and are learning new vocabulary.